- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- Black pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for a couple of minutes. Add the coriander and cook for another 5 minutes until the onions soften.
- Add the parsnip, carrot and sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the stock and season. When it boils, turn down to low heat and cover. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with black pepper and coriander to serve.
This can be made as carrot and coriander soup if you substitute a large carrot for the parsnip and the same with the sweet potato.
If you are not calorie counting, you can add butter to the oil and drizzle with cream before serving.