- 6 tbsp mascarpone
- 40g grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp finely chopped basil
- Juice ½ a lemon
- Pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 350g asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 180C. Mix together the mascarpone, parmesan, basil and lemon juice, and season.
- Cut the blunt ends off the asparagus and divide into four.
- Cut the pastry into four rectangles that are slightly longer in length than the asparagus, and just over the width of the group.
- Score the pastry round the edges to create a border. Spread the cheese mixture all over the inside of the borders.
- Arrange the asparagus on top of the cheese mixture and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the pastries for 25 minutes until golden and serve with salad.
This is great as a starter as it is nice and light.
As a main course it can be served with new potatoes as well as a rocket and watercress salad.