- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 300ml milk
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, eggs and maple syrup to a thick, smooth batter.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan until sizzling. Pour in enough batter to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Flip, or turn over when bubbles start to form on the surface and cook the other side.
- Eat straight away, or transfer to a baking tray to keep warm in a low temperature oven while you cook another batch.
They can be served with bananas or maple syrup or both.
Sugar and lemon juice is also nice.