- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Leftover cooked chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp curry powder (Korma?)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 4-6 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook onions and bay leaves for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, curry powder, apricots, tomato puree and mango chutney. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, add the chicken and turn off the heat. Combine well.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and double cream and pour into a bowl. Chill until ready to use.
This is actually nice warm, but tradition lends it to a cold mixture.
Great on jacket potatoes, or with salad.