- 375 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 34 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 200 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml milk
- 125g soft cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g white chocolate, melted
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line muffin tins with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix in the sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the egg, banana, oil and milk. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mix into the muffin cases, up to about a cm from the top.
- Bake for 20 mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the soft cheese, icing sugar, chocolate and peanut butter until well mixed. Spread over the muffins and decorate.
This is such a foolproof recipe and they are really moist, thanks to the bananas.
They are a great way to get some fruit in your children in they are faddy eaters like my daughter.
The will keep in an air tight tin for up to 5 days.