- 500g pack ciabatta bread mix
- 40g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (own choice)
- 150g grated cheddar
- Make up the ciabatta bread as per the instructions up to where it is put to rise.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 40cm by 30cm.
- Place the butter and crushed garlic into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Spread the garlic butter over the dough and sprinkle with the herbs and grated cheese.
- Starting with the smaller end, roll the dough up into a Swiss roll shape and, with a sharp knife, cut into 8 slices. Carefully place each rolled slice in a round oven dish, 1 slice in the middle and other 7 around it.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180C. When up to temperature, bake for 25-30 minutes until nice and golden.
I used mixed dried herbs, but you can pick any that take your fancy.
Great with soup or cheese fondue.