- 185g white chocolate
- 150g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100g glace cherries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a square tin with baking parchment.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a bowl and put in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Take it out and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in the chocolate mixture and the eggs until combined.
- Add the cherries and stir until just mixed. Pour into the tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes when the top becomes a little springy and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the tin. When cooled cut into 16 squares.
These are very yummy and are a lot lighter than brownies.
They keep in an airtight tin for about 5 days.