- 300 ml single cream
- 300 ml thick double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 3 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 100 ml Irish cream
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place both creams and the vanilla extract in a pan over low heat until runny and tepid/warm.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, egg yolks and sugar until pale and thicker.
- Whilst continuously whisking, add the cream and Irish Cream.
- Divide amongst four- six ramekins or small bowls and place in a roasting dish.
- Pour enough boiling water in the roasting dish to come half way up the ramekins’ sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes until set, then, chill for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle brutes with sugar and either place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes, or use a blowtorch until tops are caramelised.
This can be served with raspberries or strawberries.
It is a delicious, light dessert and is great for a dinner party as you can make it a few hours ahead.