- 250g potatoes, diced
- 1 egg, separated
- Handful coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 50g cheddar, grated
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 200C. Boil and simmer potatoes until ready to mash. Drain and leave in the pan without the lid to dry out a little.
- Mash the potato with the egg yolk and lemon juice and then mix in the chilli, cheese and spring onions.
- Season with salt and black pepper and shape into four cakes.
- Put the egg white in a bowl and whisk/beat until foamy. Put the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the cakes in the egg white and then coat them in breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Serve with mango chutney.
These are great as a starter as they are nice and light, also good as a side dish.
They can be made with low fat cheddar to make them extra healthy.