- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 300g lean chicken mince
- 1 egg
- 8 cream crackers, crushed to crumbs
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp brown sauce
- 2 tbsp plain flour, plus extra to coat burgers
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook onions until soft. Put into a large bowl.
- Add mince, and all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into four and roll into balls, then flatten to a burger shape.
- Put the remaining flour on a plate and roll burgers in it to fully coat. Put them on a baking tray and wrap in cling film.
- Chill in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 200C and bake for 20-30 mins, flipping them half way.
I did these on the BBQ for about 8 mins each side on a low heat/flame.
Recipe can use chicken, beef, turkey or pork mince. You can also add herbs like coriander or chives if you wish.