- 25g melted butter for brushing
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs and 2 yolks
- 100g plain flour
- Ice cream to serve
- Brush 4 ramekins with melted butter and chill till hard. Brush with more melted butter and add a spoonful of cocoa powder. Roll the powder around until all the butter is covered.
- In a bowl, place the butter and the chocolate and heat in the microwave for 1 minute to melt. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar until thick and pail and it leaves a trail.
- Sift the flour into the egg mixture and beat well.
- Add the chocolate and beat well to form a thick batter. Pour equal amounts into the ramekins and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Bake the fondants on a baking tray for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute.
- Serve with ice cream.
The fondants should be firm, but have a molten chocolate centre.
If you are feeling brave, you could try turning then out of the ramekins onto a plate. (I wasn’t brave enough, but will try next time!)