- Ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, slice
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 150g goat’s cheese, diced
- 3 eggs
- 200g crème fraiche (low fat is fine)
- Heat oven to 180C. Spread pastry over a greased tart tin. Line with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove paper and beans and return to oven for 5 mins more until golden. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan, ad onions and potato and cook on a gentle heat for 15 mins, stirring regularly.
- Add garlic and thyme and season and cook for another 5 mins. Tip into pastry case with goat’s cheese.
- Whisk eggs and crème fraiche together and pour over the pastry case. Bake for 30 mins until set.
I only had small new potatoes when I made this, so I sliced about 8 of those instead.
I also used the Weight watchers crème fraiche as it is very tasty.