- Oil for greasing
- 85g pack sage and onion stuffing mix
- 1 beef stock cube
- 8 rashers of bacon, smoked or un-smoked
- 500g lean beef mince
- Heat oven to 170C. With a little oil, grease a large loaf tin.
- Tip the stuffing mix into a large bowl and sprinkle the stock cube over it. Add 300 ml boiling water, give a good stir and set aside.
- Stretch the bacon a little by running the back of a spoon along the length, then, use 5 – 6 of them to line the loaf tin. Chop the rest and add to the stuffing mix.
- Mix the mince into the stuffing and spoon the mixture into the bacon lined tin. Smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until firm. Turn out and slice.
This recipe really is a no fuss, very little preparation meal.
You could try to substitute lamb mince instead of beef, but don’t forget to change to a lamb stock cube!
The meatloaf can be frozen.