- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 150g couscous
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 8 pitted dates, chopped
- 350 ml chicken stock
- Heat the oven to 160C.
- Heat half the oil in a pan over a high heat. Quarter each chicken breast, and cook until browned. Remove and place in an oven proof dish with the dry couscous.
- Add remaining oil, lower the heat and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes until golden and soft.
- Add the lemon juice, cinnamon and cumin and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, allow to boil and pour over the chicken and couscous.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
This is very easy to make and tasty.
This is also a healthy dish, but, if you are trying to watch those calories, use half the amount of olive oil.