- Half a cooked chicken, stripped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 400ml can coconut milk (reduced fat)
- 200ml chicken stock
- 400g basmati rice
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 50g raisins
- handful coriander
- handful flaked almonds
- Fry onions in the oil for 5 mins until golden and starting to soften.
- Add garlic and curry powder and cook for another 2 mins.
- Stir in the chicken, chilli, coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt to taste and add rice, stirring.
- Cover and simmer for 15 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Take off the heat, stir in half the mango, put lid back on and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the mango, coriander and flaked almonds and serve.
Hubby loved this one and it smelled amazing whilst cooking.
You can used 4 fresh chicken breasts, sliced, but will need to cook them through first.
You can substitute the meat and stock for lamb or beef if you prefer.