- 600g thick double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 250g tub mascarpone
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ jar lemon curd
- 100g meringue nests
- Beat the cream and sugar with a mixer until it just forms soft peaks.
- Add the mascarpone and beat until just combined.
- Stir in zest, lemon juice and lemon curd until mixed.
- Crumble the meringues into the mixture and spoon into a plastic tub.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Serve with melted chocolate of your choice drizzled over.
You can make your own meringues if you like, as they will be a little softer and chewy than bought.
You may need to add the lemon juice and curd gradually and taste to test, (which is a real hardship) before putting all of it in x