- 1tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts or equivalent off a cooked chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tsp tandoori masala
- 175g tomato puree
- 15 cardamom pods
- 1 400g tin coconut milk.
- 100g natural yoghurt
- In a large frying pan, heat butter and oil over a medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic and chicken.
- Cook for about 10 mins until onions are golden.
- Add spices and tomato puree and cook for 3 mins.
- Pour it all into the slow cooker and set the heat. Low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the cardamom pods, yoghurt and coconut milk and season to taste with salt.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
This is a wonderful curry and smells divine throughout the day.
It is also great heated up well the next day and poured on jacket potatoes.