- 230g plain flour
- 110g corn flour
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 230g butter
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease a loose based fluted tart tin.
- Sift the flour and corn flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Add the butter and mix until it just starts to bind together.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate.
- Turn into the tin and press it evenly into the base.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over and press them lightly into the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked, but not brown.
- Mark into 8 portions with a sharp knife and leave for 10 minutes in the tin. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you want plain shortbread, just leave out the chocolate and steps 4 and 6.
You can use whichever type of chocolate you want, from plain, milk and white.
You could also try a combination of two for double choc chip shortbread.