- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 ml pot Greek yoghurt
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Small bunch mint
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato puree, yoghurt, ginger, garlic and spices.
- Slice the chicken breasts through the sides to form slim breasts and tenderise/beat them until flattened and thin. Place them in the marinade, cover and leave for 2-3 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, red onion, chilli, tamarind and ketchup and set aside.
- Heat either the BBQ, griddle, or frying pan and cook for 3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Place the salad ingredients in buns, place the chicken on the salad and top each with a spoonful of salsa.
- They can be served open or sandwiched.
You can use turkey or pork steaks as a substitute.
You can also double the chicken in each bun to make two thicker buns.