- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 400g pack sausages, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 beef stock cube
Place the slow cooker on High.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the sausages and cook until browned. Put onions and sausages into the slow cooker.
- In a jug, mix together the sauces, flour and stock cube, crumbled. Pour over the sausages in the slow cooker and add 100 ml boiling water. Mix well and put on the lid.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low for 3-4 hours.
This is such an easy recipe that can be done in a pan on the hob as well. Just simmer with a lid on for about 30 minutes.
I prefer using the slow cooker, as the flavours are more intense.