- 400g bourbon biscuits
- 200g creamed coconut
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 300 ml pot double cream
- Can of Carnation caramel
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3 bananas
- To make the base, gently melt the creamed coconut in a pan, stirring. Whizz biscuits in a processor. Mix with the melted coconut and press over the base and up the sides of a loose-bottomed flan tin. Chill in the fridge.
- To make the coconut cream, in a saucepan, bring the coconut milk to almost a simmer. Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and flours.
- Pour over the hot coconut milk, while whisking, then return it all back to the pan.
- Gently heat until mixture thickens and simmer for 2 minutes. Cool with cling film over to stop a skin forming.
- Put the caramel into a bowl with chocolate and melt in microwave for 1 minute 30 secs. Stir until smooth. Slice the bananas over the chilled base and pour over the caramel/chocolate mixture. Chill for a couple of hours.
- When the coconut cream has gone cold, pour into a bowl with the cream and whisk until thick enough to hold a peak. Spread over the tart and dust with cocoa powder.
This can be made the day before and kept in the fridge overnight.
It is seriously rich and sweet and very calorific, so you only need a small slice each.
You can leave the bananas out if you are not keen on them.