- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10g butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 300 ml semi skimmed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Large handful chives, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- Ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan, add the leeks and onion and cook for 5 minutes, until slightly soft.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs and stir in the mustard and chives.
- Grease a long, thin baking tray (no need for greasing if you are using stoneware) and line it with the puff pastry sheet, making sure it goes up the sides.
- Sprinkle the leeks and onions over the pastry and spread the peas on top.
- Pour over the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until pastry is golden and the tart has set.
You can use a bunch of spring onions rather than onion if you prefer.
This can be eaten hot or cold. It keeps well for the next day if you have any left.