- 400g frozen strawberries slightly thawed
- 1 can condensed milk
- Small carton double cream
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- Shortbread fingers
- Put the strawberries and the condensed milk in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds and then blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the double cream and icing sugar and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into a tub with a lid and freeze for 2 hours.
- Take from the freezer and, with a fork, mash the sides into the softer mix in the middle.
- Crumble the shortbread fingers into the ice cream mixture. These can be as small or large as you wish. Return to the freezer for another 3 hours, until set.
- Remove from the freezer 15 mins before serving. When serving heat the spoon/scoop under the hot water tap first.
This can be varied to whatever your imagination stretches to.
A couple of simple variations are…
a) Try meringue instead of shortbread.
b) Try different frozen fruits