- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red onions
- 250g chorizo
- 1 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 400g tin butter beans
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat up the oil and add the cumin. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Reduce heat, add the onions and garlic and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes until softened, then, remove the lid.
- Add the chorizo and turn up the heat, stirring and cook until it starts to crisp.
- Add tomatoes, butter beans, tomato puree, peppers and paprika.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, then add the coriander just before serving.
This recipe is low fat, low in calories and is quite filling.
Serve with rice, pasta or fresh bread.