- 800g Pumpkin, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper to season
- Heat oven to 200C. Put pumpkin in a roasting tin and drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 30 mins.
- Put some oil in a pan and cook the onion and ginger over a low/medium heat until softened.
- Stir in curry paste for 1 min and then add roasted pumpkin, all except a little of coconut milk and the stock.
- Bring to the boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, then pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two bowls and drizzle with the remaining coconut milk. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
When I told my husband I was making pumpkin soup, he immediately said no thanks, he didn’t fancy it. I persuaded him to try it and he loved it. Warming and delicious!
This can be made with butternut squash instead of pumpkin.