- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
- 75 g self-raising flour
- 12 tsp jam (I used strawberry)
- 75g Madeira cake
- 100g butter, softened
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Flaked almonds
- Icing sugar (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Stamp out 12 circles with a fluted cutter (I used 9cm) and press into a greased bun tin.
- In the bottom of each, add 1 rounded tsp jam and spread evenly.
- Whizz cake in a processor to form crumbs and put in a mixing bowl with flour, butter, ground almonds, caster sugar, eggs and almond extract. Beat until smooth.
- Divide between the tarts to cover the jam. Scatter over some flaked almonds on each.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 mins until golden, taking off the foil half way through.
- Cool the tarts, then add a splash of water to the icing sugar in a small bowl and with a teaspoon, drizzle patterns on the top of each one and leave to set.
The original recipe called for cherry jam, but I used strawberry in this picture and also think raspberry would go well too.
If you like lemon curd, use that, because they are delish!!!