Makes 4-6 slices or 1 small baguette
- 30g butter, softened
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- Couple of stalks of parsley
- Couple of stalks of chives
- Slices of fresh bread, or a small baguette
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the butter, garlic and herbs into a small processor and whizz until smooth. (Or crush and chop everything by hand if you haven’t got a processor and mix together in a small mixing bowl)
- Spread on the slices of bread, or slice the baguette diagonally and spread in between the slices.
- Lay the slices on a baking tray, or if you have a baguette, wrap it in foil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes for the slices, or 20 minutes for the baguette, opening the foil a little half way through.
If you want to make it with cheese as well, add a few slices of mozzarella or cheddar on top of the slices.
With a baguette, cut into small cubes and mix with the butter and herb mixture and spoon in between the slices at step 3.
Why not try mixing different herbs? I like parsley and basil. If you haven’t got them fresh, dried will do.