- 400g lean pork shoulder, roasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp stir fry oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 2 birds eye chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- Handful coriander or sweet basil, chopped
- 225g cooked rice
- Handful of roasted cashews
- Heat the oil until hot and stir-fry the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the peppers and chillies and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the roast pork and cook until fully heated through.
- Mix in the fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Add the rice and mix through with the herbs until hot, then serve.
You can substitute chicken or beef instead of the pork.
This recipe can be eaten on it’s own, or as a side dish for a Thai meal.
It would be great on it’s own with a satay sauce.