- 8 oz butter, softened
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 8 oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g tub mascarpone
- Tin of condensed milk caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 2 loose-bottomed cake tins, or line with baking liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat each one in well.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and add to the mixture, mixing well.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and beat well until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the lined/greased tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer come out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the mascarpone and half the tin of caramel in a bowl and beat together until well mixed. Spread half of the mixture over the bottom cake and lay the top over it. Use the rest of the filling for the top.
- In a small bowl or jug, heat the rest of the caramel in a pan or microwave and drizzle over the top.
This is best kept in the fridge to keep it fresh and cool. It is definitely best eaten with a fork or spoon.
If you love bananas, you can add a couple of sliced bananas on top of the filling in the middle before you lay the top on one it.