- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g soft cheese
- 120 g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 pkt spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 pkt Croissant dough
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the chicken cubes in a frying pan until browned. Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Put the soft cheese, cheddar, spring onions and chives into a large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Add the chicken and garlic to the cheese mixture and combine well.
- Open the croissant dough and separate each croissant. Lay them out on a board and place some mixture on the large end of each one. Roll up and place on a greased baking tray. (It is better to over fill than under fill as it will ooze out of the ends and taste yummy)
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the croissants are dark golden.
These would make a good starter for a meal if you served one per person and laid them on some mixed salad.
You can use turkey or pork for this recipe if you fancy a change.
This is a good recipe for experimenting with different fillings.