- 650g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet quick action dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25 ml olive oil
- 50 ml warm milk
- 325 ml warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, yeast and salt together. Then stir in the milk and olive oil.
- Add warm water and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Either a) tip out dough onto a floured work surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth, or b) if using a dough hook in an electric mixer (as I do) knead for 5 mins.
- Leave for 1 hour in the mixing bowl covered with a tea towel in a warm place. It should double in size.
- Tip dough onto a floured surface. Knead for a couple of mins to remove air bubbles. Divide into two and shape each into a round and cover and leave for 30 mins, until risen again. (At this point you may wrap one in cling film and freeze.)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roll and shape the dough into 12 inch rounds and place on a pizza tray or round baking stone.
- Cover with tomato puree and toppings of your own choice and bake for 15-20 mins.
In this picture, I used finely sliced red onion, then frozen sweetcorn, chopped cooked ham, pineapple pieces and mozzarella.
You could always divide the second ball of dough into 8 dough balls, baste with garlic butter and herbs and bake alongside the pizza.