- 1 kg medium potatoes, peeled
- 50g butter, melted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Finely slice the potatoes, tip them into a bowl and coat with the oil, butter, herbs and seasoning.
- Put the slices into an ovenproof dish and arrange the bay leaves amongst the slices.
- Sprinkle with the remaining butter mixture in the bowl.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes.
This is a tasty alternative to roast potatoes.
Amounts can easily be halved. (The picture is a halved amount)