- 400g frozen strawberries slightly thawed
- 1 can light evaporated milk.
- 4-6 tbsp icing sugar (to taste)
- Put the strawberries and the evaporated milk in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds and then blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the icing sugar and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into a tub with a lid and freeze for 2 hours.
- Take from the freezer and, with a fork, mash the sides into the softer mix in the middle and return to the freezer for another 3 hours until set.
- Remove from the freezer 15 mins before serving. When serving heat the spoon/scoop under the hot water tap first.
This is quite a healthy and light ice cream, a little like a really creamy sorbet.
It can be served with lots of fresh strawberries as well if you like.
If you want the rich, full fat, calorific, “I need therapy” version, see the Rich Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream recipe!!!!