- 25g butter
- 2 potatoes, thickly diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 450g stewing steak
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g tin coconut milk.
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 75g dry roasted peanuts
- Place the onions and potatoes in the slow cooker.
- In a pan, heat butter over a medium-high heat. Cook the garlic and beef together until the beef is browned on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Return pan to the heat. Stir in the coconut milk, curry powder and peanut butter and stir until the peanut butter melts. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Add the fish sauce and brown sugar and mix all together.
- Set the heat to either low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours and put the lid on.
- For the last ½ hour of cooking, switch to high and take off the lid. This will allow it to thicken slightly.
- Scatter the peanuts on the top and serve with either noodles or rice of your choice.
This is a delicious curry and smells divine throughout the day.
It was a hit with my husband, who likes thick, rich sauces.
The amounts can be easily doubled.