- Pack of puff pastry
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz pack sausage meat.
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Roll out puff pastry into a 12 by 10 inch rectangle. (12 inch vertical and 10 inch horizontal.
- Put onions in a large bowl with the sausage meat, breadcrumbs and cheese, and combine well.
- Lay the mix down the centre of the pastry and cut diagonal strips into the pastry (as shown)
- Dampen the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and fold over the strips alternately left and right to form the plait (as shown) Brush all over with beaten egg.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until the top is golden.
This tastes great cold, so you can either make it for two and eat it cold the next day, or freeze the other half.
Also great for picnics, sliced and wrapped in foil.