- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Handful Chives, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Mash until smooth, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the flour, egg and chives and mix well. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll sections of dough into long sausages and cut into small pieces, about 2cm in length. Place on a plate.
- Boil a pan of water and cook some of the gnocchi for a couple of minutes. The gnocchi should rise to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Add a sauce of your choice, and mix together.
- Serve with grated cheese or parmesan on top.
This is great served with garlic bread and/or salad.
I served this with meatballs in sauce over the top.
http://www.jackies-kitchen.co.uk/?page_id=1843 (Beef and Mushroom Meatballs)