- 100g plain sponge cake
- 100g cookies/biscuits
- 100g milk chocolate, melted
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 10 sticks/wooden skewers
- Smarties and icing pens
- Half a butternut squash/small pumpkin
- Put cake, cookies and melted milk chocolate into a processor and whizz to combine.
- Using your hands, roll into 10 balls and chill for 2 hours, until really firm.
- Push a stick into each ball and spoon the white chocolate over each one to cover.
- Stand the balls in the butternut squash or pumpkin and press a Smartie on while wet and
- chill until set.
- Use icing pens to draw the black pupils on the Smarties and to draw the veins on the eyeballs.
I also find that you can make up some sponge/chocolate sponge and put tablespoons full of the mixture in a mini muffin tray, baking for 10-15 mins at 180C.
These can be rounded with a knife for the eyeballs before coating in white chocolate.