- 125g plain chocolate
- Knob of butter
- 3 tbsp rum
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g cake crumbs (Madeira cake is good)
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Break up chocolate and place in a bowl with the butter. Microwave on high for 1½ mins, then stir to finish melting. Add rum and beat until combined.
- Stir in the coconut, breadcrumbs and icing sugar.
- Place some baking parchment on a baking tray. Roll the mixture into balls about 1 inch wide and place on tray. Chill until firm.
- Put some icing sugar on a plate. Roll the balls in it, until thoroughly coated.
This is one of our favourite recipes, as we love the rum and coconut together.
These are so easy to make for the end of a dinner party as you can make them any time.
They will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.