- 3 or 4 large bananas, mashed
- 125g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 90g melted butter/margarine
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and the dates.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and pour into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden and spongy.
This is such a foolproof recipe and, because there are more bananas than your average recipe, they are really moist.
If you are not keen on dates, then use an alternative, like raisins or sultanas, or indeed, no fruit at all.