- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 110g caster sugar
- 125g sultanas
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml semi skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a suitable cake or loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and sultanas
- In a large jug, combine the mashed banana, eggs and milk until well combined.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer come out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is a great healthy recipe as there is no butter or oil in it.
You can also substitute dates or raisins for the sultanas for a variation.